Please note that we are currently updating this section of the website and transferring information from the old site. You may not be able to view or download all of the governance information during this period.
If you are unable to access the information you would like, please do not hesitate to contact Anne-Marie Nixon, Director of Governance, who will respond directly to your request. You can contact Anne-Marie on 0151 353 4609 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hugh Baird Corporation consists of 16 members, including:
- The Principal
- 2 student members
- 1 member of the teaching staff
- 1 member of the non-teaching staff
Members of the Governing Body work as a team to determine the strategy and future direction of the College. Their responsibilities are to:
- determine and periodically review the educational character and mission of the institution and oversee its activities
- approve the College’s quality strategy
- ensure the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the College and the Corporation and safeguarding assets
- approve the annual estimates of income and expenditure
- appoint senior postholders and determine a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all staff
College Governors have adopted the Nolan’s seven principles of public life (selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership) in carrying out these responsibilities.
Corporation meetings are usually held seven times a year in the early evening. There are also opportunities to join committees set up to review specific aspects for example the College’s academic performance or estates issues. Governors are involved in College life and attend College events such as award evenings, showcases and major competitions.