Approved by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
Start date: 2017.
This Foundation Degree course offers an opportunity to gain both practical and academic training in the skills and knowledge required to work within the thriving and varied festivals and events industry. The course is flexible and can be studied part time or full time and applications from mature learners with relevant experience are particularly welcome.
Throughout the Festival Management course, you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of practical assessment as well as assessment of written work and portfolios. You will also undertake group and individual work placements that enhance your knowledge of the industry and look excellent on your CV.
Teaching and learning will be delivered through a range of lectures, practical workshops and industry placement.
Guest speakers with substantial industry involvement will form a key aspect of delivery and the opportunity for placement within a variety of festival projects will further enhance undergraduates’ learning.
Core modules include:
- An Introduction to Festival Management
- Festival Themes and Concepts
- Principles and Practices of Marketing Communications for Festivals and Events
- Services Marketing for Festivals and Events
- Festival Policies and Politics
- Risk Assessment and Planning for Festivals
- Managing and Resourcing Festivals
- Festival Promotion, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Research Methodologies and Impact Assessment for Festival Industries
- Festival Security and Health & Safety Management
- Research Project
- Field Work Project
Validated by: UCLan
UCAS code:: F201
Institutional code: H65
Tel: 0151 353 4444 ext 5524 or email: email@example.com
Tel: 0151 353 4444 ext. 5554 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org