- * Subject to approval by:
University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- Start date: September 2018
- UCAS code: W642
- Institutional code: H65
This Foundation Degree with Integrated Foundation Entry is designed for those who want to study for the foundation degree but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to start just yet. The foundation entry modules include: Art & Design Studies, Design Investigation, Specialism Skills and Drawing and Image Communication, giving you the opportunity to explore a range of design practices before progressing to Year One of the Foundation Degree in your chosen specialism.
The programme will go on to provide specialist skills using photographic and digital imaging (including moving image) processes and technology relevant to contemporary creative and commercial practice. The aims of the programme are to:
- Equip students with the skills, knowledge and understanding for versatility and confidence, relevant to the needs of clients and employment in the photography / digital imaging sector
- Provide students with an effective balance between education and training by promoting self-development and creative expression, intellectual enquiry and the visual communication of ideas underpinned by the acquisition of transferable, technical and practical skills and knowledge
- Give students a progression route to advance, where appropriate, towards other qualifications, for example the one year BA (Hons) Top up in Digital Imaging and Photography, or future employment within photography and digital imaging industry
You will develop your photographic skills, together with knowledge and understanding, through practical projects based on professional practice. Students will have full access to well equipped studio spaces and both digital and traditional photographic facilities, including the latest Apple Mac computers, Adobe software, large format digital printing and traditional darkroom.
Techniques of traditional and digital photography will be explored, within practical work related projects and with opportunities to create industry links.