- Graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ Capacity to Improve at the last Ofsted inspection and we have improved year on year since then; the 2013/14 overall success rate has increased by 9.0% points since the last inspection,
- Long programme success rate of 86.4% in 2013/14 represents an increase of 4.8% points from the previous year. This represents the highest figure ever achieved by the College and puts Hugh Baird College within the top 25% of all Colleges in the country.
- In 2013/14, 89% of lessons were graded as ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ with 30% graded ‘outstanding'; the highest rates achieved by the College.
- The College is a £20m business with ‘Outstanding’ financial management, employing over 600 staff.
- The College has continued to invest in its estate with a total capital investment of over £6m over the last 3 years, in addition to a brand new £8.1m L20 Building.
- Has successfully enlarged its work through specialist provision, including Thornton College (a specialist SLDD centre) and L20 (a cutting-edge catering collaboration providing training and world-class skills and dining with a Michelin-starred chef), top quality commercial units and full time provision for 14 to 16 year olds.
- The College is a University Centre and is significantly expanding its HE provision, including 9 new courses in 2013/14 and 8 new courses in 2014/15; currently, over a third of its HE learners are successful internal progressions from its own level 3 programmes.
- In 2013/14, 86% of learners stated that they would recommend the College to a friend.
- Outstanding provision includes: GCSE Maths, GCSE English, Childcare, Floristry, Construction, Art and Design, Media, ESOL, Skills for Life, Foundation Learning, Access and Higher Education.
- Outstanding community focus as demonstrated by engaging over 500 learners (many of whom are from “hard-to-reach” cohorts, such as ex-offenders) across 23 different venues in Greater Merseyside.
Get in touch
If you’d like more information about the courses we offer, or the routes our qualifications lead to or you’d like to find out how you could be more involved in your son or daughter’s education, please contact our Student Services team: