Approved by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) .
This qualification is open to all pre-service and in-service teachers, trainers and tutors in the Further Education and Skills sector. The certificate is designed for those who are employed or wish to be employed in a full teaching role. The course includes the compilation of a Professional Development Portfolio, completion of the threshold award 'Certificate in Education and Training, Preparatory’, and teaching and observed practice.
Whilst studying towards this qualification you will work on the following:
- An initial assessment of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills and commencement of the Professional Development Portfolio
- Completion of the threshold award ‘Preparatory Certificate in Education and Training’
- Teaching, learning and assessment, including 75 hours of teaching practice and 4 hours of observed practice in each of the two years of the programme
- For those who already hold a PTLLS certificate, it must be at Level 4, with 20 credits in order to progress straight onto the Cert Ed/PGCE's second module.
- Action research and contemporary issues in education and training are undertaken in Year 2, along with the teaching, learning and assessment module.
Validated by: UCLan
Tel: 0151 353 4444 ext. 5543 or email: email@example.com
Tel: 0151 353 4444 ext 5536 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org