Approved by Ascentis .
The aims of the qualification are to enable students to:
- Gain a sound subject knowledge base for teaching literacy students in a range of teaching and learning contexts
- Develop the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes for teaching literacy students
- Promote personal and professional development
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning
This programme will help you develop into an outstanding English teacher. You will learn how to plan, apply, assess and evaluate teaching and learning within a full teaching role, working with students of every level of literacy and English ability including GCSE/Level 2. Our highly experienced staff will support you in the honing of your knowledge and skills towards becoming a highly successful English tutor. Our students benefit from studying in our dedicated multi-million pound University Centre. This course will be delivered through a combination of taught sessions, tutorials and practical experience in classroom settings.
The Level 5 Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy has been designed for teachers with a generic teaching qualification or trainee teachers who wish to obtain a specialist teaching qualification in English and literacy.
The Diploma is suitable for teachers, tutors and trainers who may be working in an Further Education college, adult and community learning centre or learning provider and for those delivering work-based training such as within voluntary, community, private or public organisations.
There are several features of this qualification that make it very appropriate for its target students:
- Ascentis-devised assessment tasks designed to cover all the assessment criteria within the unit
- Verification and certification can be offered throughout the year, allowing maximum flexibility for centres
- The assessment strategy, a combination of the Personal and Professional Practice File (3PF) and assessment tasks, is a distinctive and holistic approach to the assessment requirements of the Diploma and highly relevant to candidates working or intending to work with literacy students
- Can be achieved by pre-service or in-service candidates
- Allows for a minimum of 50 hours of teaching practice in a literacy setting
You will gain this qualification via:
- 50 hours of teaching practice [minimum]
- 4 x one-hour observations of teaching
- Completion of Personal and Professional Practice File (3PF)
- Assessment tasks for each unit relating to 3PF
- Meeting of generic criteria in each form of assessment
Tel: 0151 353 4444 ext 5534 or email: email@example.com
Tel: 0151 353 4444 ext. 6223 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org