At our Sixth Form Centre, based at our South Sefton Campus, we offer a wide choice of A-levels which are delivered by specialist teachers in a modern campus with outstanding facilities.
We are the no.1 further education college in the Liverpool City Region for A-level performance, have 99% pass rate at A-level, and have been ranked in the top 10% of colleges in the country for A-level performance, in league tables published by the Government in 2019.
You can expect a personalised learning programme designed specifically for your abilities, talents and aspirations and you'll benefit from a unique programme of activities to help you apply to the best universities and stand out from the crowd.
Not looking for
A-levels? Explore our
As an A-level student you will be based at our South Sefton Campus. This is a multi-million pound campus dedicated to A-levels and was opened in 2009.
You will take three subjects over two years.
We offer a small number of BTEC courses at South Sefton Campus. You can study one BTEC course alongside your two A-levels.
It is not expected that a student would attend both sites, but the feasibility of this would be discussed on an individual basis. Potential timetable clashes and workload would need to be considered in detail for this to be a possibility.
We offer one year GCSE re-sit courses in English and maths if you need to improve your grade to a 4. These courses will be studied alongside your other subjects.
We recognise that you are an individual and you will be supported by a pastoral team who are specialists in 16-19 education. Your Personal Tutor will support and guide you during your time in College, monitoring attendance, tracking academic progress and working with you to develop a personalised Individual Learner Plan as well as supporting you through the process of applying for university, higher apprenticeships or employment.
A Sixth Form experience is about more than just grades, it’s about growing as a person, trying new things and developing key skills which will get you ready the world of work, University or an Apprenticeship.
- Offer you a wide range of A-level subjects to choose from.
- Provide fun and unmissable lessons that are delivered by subject specialists.
- Offer you a range of trips, visits and guest speakers to help bring your learning to life.
- Treat you like an adult, allowing you to manage your own time in College.
- Give you the opportunity to gain extra qualifications such as the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), Core Maths, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
- Give you time to engage in social enrichment activities.
- Provide 1-2-1 pastoral support, including access to a counselling service.
- Allow non specialists to teach A-level subjects.
- Ask you to travel between campuses for lessons.
- Expect to you call us ‘Sir’ or ‘Miss’.
- Make you wear a school uniform.
- Make you stay on campus if you don’t have a timetabled lesson.