- Introduction to health and safety
- Interpreting and using technical information
- Applying engineering techniques to an automotive environment
- The retail motor industry
- Preparation to become a vehicle driver
- Reducing risks when driving
- Tools and equipment
- Routine vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Spark ignition systems
- Light vehicle braking systems
- Light vehicle wheel and tyre construction and maintenance
- Electrical foundation skills
- Motor Vehicle Technician
- Motorsport Mechanic
- Design Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Marine Engineer
- Armed Forces Engineer
No, the Government funds all college places up to the age of 19.
No. It is entirely a choice for you and your family.
Each department has workwear that reflects the subject area and how employees in that industry dress. The pictures in the brochure and on this website give an idea of how the different outfits look.
At Hugh Baird College, everyone wears a coloured lanyard to show who they are – both staff and students. These are all different colours depending on which department you belong to. All Hugh Baird 14-16 College students will wear lanyards that are two-tone blue. It is important that you wear yours every day to gain access to the College.