- Health and Safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic patterns in hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Change men’s hair colour
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Hairdressing - Level 3
- Creative Hair and Media Make Up Artistry - Level 3
- Salon Manager
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.