This course has 5 mandatory units;
- Introduction to the adult social care sector
- Introduction to the values and principles of adult social care
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care
- Awareness of communication in adult social care
- Awareness of the role and responsibilities of the adult social care worker
All units will be internally assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams or setting up an information board.
- Level 2 study in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 study in Childcare
This course does not confirm competence in a job role but provides an opportunity to develop knowledge about the wider health and social care sector.
Examples of career opportunities within the sector are:
- Health Care Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Personal Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Residential Social Worker
- Supported Living Coordinator
- Youth Worker
- Classroom Assistant
- Charity Officer
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Service Manager
- Lifestyle Consultant
- Nutritional Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.