A quick guide to managing your mental health
Now more than ever it is important that we look after ourselves, especially our Mental Health.
The COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns have resulted in our daily lives, as we know them, becoming disrupted. We may have become disconnected from our routines, our learning, and our goals. There are also times when life becomes a bit challenging, and we start to experience feelings of stress, low mood and loss of hope.
Did you know, our students have access to daily Health and Wellbeing information, guided by the 5 Ways to Wellbeing; Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give.
To maintain a healthy mental health, it is important that we:
- Become self-aware, so we identify feelings of low mood and distress, triggers, and what action we can take to improve these
- Have clear goals for our future, with a plan of action that will support our goals
- Know our network, so we have someone we can talk to when we want to share our struggles
- Sleep well, eat well, and participate in regular physical activity
- Have a sense of belonging, and respect boundaries in friendships and relationships
- Know that there is always hope because there is always help