- Safe working practices
- Knowledge of information and quantities
- Maintaining work relationships
- Building methods and construction technology
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Applying water borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Aged 16+
- You must be employed within a relevant environment and demonstrate at least entry level skills in an initial Maths and English assessment.
You must have one of the following:
- 4 GCSE's at grade 3 (old grading system D)
- A relevant level 1 qualification
- Evidence of the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours required by the sector at Level 1
Most apprenticeships take between 12 - 18 months to complete.
Yes, you will be paid by your employer for the duration of your apprenticeship. You will be paid at least the government’s minimum wage rate for apprentices, £3.70. A lot of employers pay their apprentices a higher hourly wage than the minimum rate.
This is ultimately up to your employers, but more than 90% of apprentices stay in employment after their course ends.
We work with lots of employers to provide apprentice positions. Check out our live vacancies section above or call 0151 353 4444 to chat to our team.