- Working in the hair industry
- Health and safety
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Promoting products and services in the salon
- Cutting women’s hair
- Cutting men's hair
- Colouring and lightening hair
- Providing perming services
- Dressing hair
- Creating an image based on a theme
- Displaying stock to promote sales in a salon
- Salon Reception Duties
- Creative Hair and Media Make Up Artistry - Level 3
- Theatrical and Special Effects, Hair and Media Make Up - Level 3
- Hairdressing - Level 3
- Salon Manager
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.