- Team leadership and development
- Understanding types of hospitality businesses and finance
- Supervising different types of food and beverage service
- Supervising the restaurant reception
- Planning and delivering hospitality events
- Service of beer, wines and spirits
- Serving cocktails
- Barista service
- Legislation and regulations that affect you and your team
- What is gastronomy?
- What influences peoples choices of food and drink?
- Specialist table service techniques
- Beverage and food matching
- Current trends in eating and drinking
- Higher/Degree Apprenticeship
- Hotel General Manager
- Cruise Manager
- Bar Person
- Events Planner
- Reservations Manager
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.