You will study a range of core modules, including:
Stage 1 (Level 3 – Units 1 and 2) Exploring creative and visual language in Art and Design:
- Unit 1 – Drawing and colour as an investigative process in Art and Design
- Unit 2 – Exploring materials and making in Art and Design
Stage 2 (Level 3 and 4 – Units 3 and 4):
- Unit 3 – Developing specialist practice and preparing for progression in Art and Design
- Unit 4 – Personal development and innovation in Art and Design
Stage 3 (Level 4 – Units 5 and 6):
- Unit 5 – Proposing a major project in Art and Design
- Unit 6 – Creating and exhibiting a major project in Art and Design
- Five GCSE at grades 4 or above including Maths and English.
- Three A-levels at grades 4 or above, one in a creative subject and a portfolio of artwork for interview is necessary.
In exceptional circumstances where there is evidence of outstanding creative ability the academic grade requirements may be adjusted.
Upon successful completion, this qualification will prepare you to undertake a degree in a wide variety of art and design fields. There is also the option of progressing onto a related degree programme at the Hugh Baird University Centre.
- FdA Creative Make Up Design and Practice
- FdA Moving Image Production
- FdA Interior and Spatial Design
- FdA Digital Imaging and Photography
- FdA Fashion and Textiles
- FdA Graphic Arts
- FdA Visual Merchandising Promotional Design
We want to make your university education as flexible and affordable as possible. We offer a number of financial support options to help you go further by staying local. You don’t need to pay for your tuition fees up front - Tuition Fee Loans cover university or college tuition fees and are paid direct to the university or college, by Student Finance England.
They are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn. You may also be eligible for a Maintenance Loan to help support your living costs. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/student-finance
Yes. We have a dedicated team of staff on hand to help guide you through the admissions process, from selecting the right course, to completing your UCAS application and applying for financial support.
If you have any questions, or need help at any stage, call the Retention and Progression Team on 0151 353 4444, or email email@example.com.