Creative Make Up Design and Practice - Foundation Degree (FdA)
- Approved by:
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- University Centre and Balliol Building
- Institution code:
- UCAS code:
You will study a range of core modules, including:
Foundation Entry year:
- Art & Design Studies
- Design Investigation
- Specialism Skills
- Drawing and Image Communication
FdA Year 1:
- Design, Culture and Society 1
- Anatomy and Physiology for the Make Up Artist
- Fundamental Design Techniques
- Design Practice 1
FdA Year 2:
- Design, Culture and Society 2
- Professional Development in the Freelance World
- Work Based Learning
- Design Practice 2
NOTE: The foundation entry element of all of our design-related foundation degrees is generic so may be delivered in classes made up of students from any of our design-related foundation degree with integrated foundation entry programmes.
On successful completion of this qualification, potential career paths may include:
- Commercial make up artist
- Cosmetic company make up artist
- Freelance in the fashion and photographic industry
- Editorial and catwalk
- Music industry make up artist
- Personal make up artist
- Freelance/ contractual TV and film productions make up artist / make up designer
- Theatre based – make up/wigs leading to make up designer
- Special effects make up artist for TV and film
- Own business enterprise
Please note: Discover Uni data is available for Foundation Degree courses only, not Foundation Entry or BA/BSc Top Up courses. Where there is no data, the course will be new, and data will be available from the 1st year of completion.
We want to make your university education as flexible and affordable as possible. We offer a number of financial support options to help you go further by staying local. You don’t need to pay for your tuition fees up front - Tuition Fee Loans cover university or college tuition fees and are paid direct to the university or college, by Student Finance England.
They are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn. You may also be eligible for a Maintenance Loan to help support your living costs. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/student-finance
Yes. We have a dedicated team of staff on hand to help guide you through the admissions process, from selecting the right course, to completing your UCAS application and applying for financial support.
If you have any questions, or need help at any stage, call the Retention and Progression Team on 0151 353 4444, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m so much happier and confident in my artistry now and that's all down to my teachers at the University Centre. Everyone needs to know how greate and supportive the Hugh Baird University Centre is!
I love that there is the opportunity to really push yourself creatively in such a supportive environment.
The support from my tutors has been outstanding. They've been accessible 24/7, replying to any messages or queries afterhours and even during holidays.